Ready to get started?
Contact us now.
Skills Development Academy is an accredited Training Provider that provides quality-learning interventions. We are accredited with the Services SETA, accreditation No 4046, and have assisted many companies with the implementation of skills development. Our training team collectively boasts in excess of 75 years of experience within the skills development industry.
Our reputation is based on our commitment to our customers, ability to be innovative, intense involvement in projects and being customer centric
This Is Us
To be a leader in people development. To be recognized for being industry aligned, market driven and client focused.
Skills Development Academy has a mission to provide the highest quality, most cost effective education and training to all learners who wish to achieve standards and qualifications registered on the NQF by the following means:
- Provision of NQF-based tuition and assessment as well as associated systems and processes.
- Developing, providing and/ or assessing further, general and higher education, Training and learning programmes.
- Working in national, sectoral and local contexts, public and private sector.
- Being responsive to changing requirements.
- Taking accountability for its actions.
Skills Development Academy shall provide education, Training and development to learners in a manner that will support the objectives of public and private sector skills strategies, SAQA, SETA/ ETQA and related institutions, ensure the sustained viability of business organizations, assist in the achievement of nationally recognized and appropriate competencies of learners and assist in redressing inequitable practices encountered in the past.
- Honesty with all parties.
- Respect of others and self.
- Commitment, dedication and quality delivery which ensures integrity.
The company was registered in 2011 and completed Services SETA accreditation requirements in August 2011. The staff of Skills Development Academy have worked together on various projects over the past 10 years. The years of experience in the implementation of training through management of projects, learnerships, strategic training interventions has ensured long term relationships with customers and SETA. Development of learning material, participation on SETA projects and committees / boards ensured the growth of each individual and the business. Today Skills Development Academy is recognized as an experienced and capable training provider specifically within the cleaning industry.
To develop individuals taking their specific needs into consideration using various learning methodologies to ensure each person grows within themselves. Our aim is to integrate foundational, practical and reflexive skills in all our training interventions.
An institution focused on your development.
Some of the skill programmes we offer to the public
We Consult & Offer Other Professional Services
The main function of SDF is to administer and plan the skills development requirements for organizations. Our team ensures the strategic objectives of the business together with the requirements set out in the Skills Development Act are incorporated in the Workplace Skills Plan. The primary function is to ensure our customers training expenses (both internal and external) are correctly documented and submitted annually, together with the WSP, to the relevant SETA.
Skills Development Academy can provide the service of either:
1. Compile and submit the WSP and ATR, OR
2. Manage the entire implementation of the training process
- Determining job profiles and the link to the OFO
- Identifying skills gaps through skills audits
- Completing and submitting WSP and ATR
- Advising on training budget and funding opportunities
Skills Development Academy is passionate about the upliftment and empowerment of people. Our passion allows us to provide
employees and individuals with knowledge and skills to allow them to change their ideas, needs and wants into sustainable
We understand that your company is as good as your staff and impact on the success of your business and therefore can assist with you with general skills development initiatives, which include:
- Understanding the impact of skills development on your business
- Skills audits.
- Linking jobs to OFO.
- Selection of learners for learnerships, skills programmes and development.
- Selection of training providers.
- Management of training interventions.
- Employment Equity and BEE requirements.
- Development of learning material, assessment instruments that meet the criteria of SAQA, ETQA, Professional Bodies.
- Assist training providers with the accreditation and extension of scope process.
Short Course Specials
We offer accredited short courses to the public.
Meet some of our staff